April is IBS awareness month and today I'm highlighting one of my favourite IBS friendly dishes, a dish I cooked for the very first time 2 years. It's amazing how just one dish can stick with you. There is nothing more heart-warming and comforting than a flavourful casserole combining juicy chicken and sweet potato. Casseroles are definitely a big contender when it comes to being one of the tastiest chicken dishes out there. What's so great about a casserole is that you get to experience so many different flavours in just one dish. There is no need for major seasoning with this dish so how about you let the natural flavours do the talking.
What you need:
- Chicken (I used chicken drumsticks)
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 12 baby potatoes
- Green peas
- Baby corn
- Half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut sweet potato into slices then line them up in your baking dish.
- Chop red onion and place in-between the sweet potatoes. Line up baby potatoes at the edge of tray then start placing in your chicken.
- Add all vegetables on top then pour on olive oil, squeeze a little lemon juice onto dish for flavour then sprinkle a bit of salt.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until everything is cooked, chicken is cooked through with pink no longer showing.
- Serve with rice!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!