Quinoa has all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete Protein. F A C T! Now why isn't quinoa gracing your plate yet? These itty bitty seeds contain 4x more iron per serving than brown rice and the minerals in quinoa help fight colds which always comes in handy during the winter season. But of course, apart from all its impressive nutritional value, quinoa delicious and can be cooked in a variety of ways. It seems I too have become a self proclaimed quinoa addict, can you blame me?
Here's how to make this delicious meal, no fuss..
What you need:
- 250g Fresh Ground beef (Minced meat)
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- Green Beans
- A cup of Peas
- Salt to taste
- Rinse thoroughly and then drain quinoa. Place in a small pot with the 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer until water is completely absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a Wok pan on medium heat.
- When oil is hot, fry mince meat until no redness remains. When cooked, mince meat will be a brown colour.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and salt. Fry for a few more minutes until it's all mixed in together.
- Add in your already cooked quinoa and stir frequently.
Follow me on Instagram