When you cook, what's your main goal? To present a delicious, succulent meal so why over complicate recipes? I strongly believe that a simple recipe with fewer ingredients is easier to follow and can sometimes turn out a lot better. It helps that chicken is extremely versatile and so can be cooked in many different way. I stock my fridge every week without fail. This breaded & baked chicken can be enjoyed by the whole family! In fact, why not prepare the chicken together and get in some family fun?
Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 50 mins
Serves: 2 Cost to make: £5-£8
What you need:
2 tbsps olive oil
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white, brown or Italian breadcrumbs (your choice)
Salt, chilli(optional) and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C and prepare baking tin by coating with olive oil then set aside.
- Place bread crumbs into separate plate then set aside.
- Mix chilli, salt, pepper and flour in a bowl. Break egg into separate bowl then beat.
- Now dip chicken into flour then dip into egg then breadcrumbs until all pieces are completely coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes turning pieces half way so both sides are cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Until next time!