Who would've thought that my little breakfast mug-cake would end up in a recipe book? I sure didn't but I'm not complaining; you can read all about it here and find out how to download the recipe book online for free. Anyway, here is a step by step guide (photos included) on how you can make my carbohydrate rich breakfast mug-cake in under 10 minutes. Now there's no reason to skip breakfast.
What you need:
- 60g oats
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 beaten egg
- 50ml milk
- Pinch of baking powder
- Start off by mashing up your banana and beating your egg so all ingredients are ready to go.
- Pour oats into a medium sized bowl and mix in egg and mashed banana.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into medium sized mug and microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst that's in the microwave, chop up some strawberries and a banana.
- When ready, turn onto plate then serve with strawberries and bananas with honey.
Now, let's add some delicious fruits into the mix!
This is such a great breakfast and I really hope you give it a go!