When you think muffins; you instantly think calories right? However, if you're a big muffin lover like me, you'll find a way to make those delicious balls of goodness just that little bit healthier. Home-baking is a great way to do this, you have control of what goes into your mix and of course total power over the flavour. This morning I baked a lovely batch of healthy Banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. They are under 250 calories and have no added sugar which will make your teeth very happy. I can safely say that these are my favourite muffins to date; they are moist and make a delicious breakfast or snack.
What you need:
- 1 and half cups wholemeal flour
- 2 bananas, mashed
- half cup honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 and quarter teaspoon baking powder
- half teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and half teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- half cup plain greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake cases/liners, spray inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Grab another bowl then mix the mashed bananas, egg whites, vanilla extract and oil then mix with electric mixer until smooth. Add yoghurt then beat again.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon) until moulded together. Add in chocolate chips and fold in.
- Divide butter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
Have a good week!
FOLLOW ME - INSTAGRAM