This is one of those dishes that's full of flavour and really easy to make, Wok on; everything in! Can you believe it takes less than 20 minutes to cook up this delicious chicken teriyaki soup?! The less time it takes, the better right? I have so many assignments to get through this term and so every minute counts. Noodle lovers out there; I'm sure you agree nothing beats Udon! Their chewy texture is like no other, not to mention very satisfying. Udon noodles are also versatile in the sense that you can eat them cold or hot & maybe, just maybe you're finally over Ramen?! Now if that's not convincing, I don't know what is.
What you need:
- 485g Chicken breast fillets, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Ginger, very finely chopped
- Large handful Spinach
- Half a cabbage, chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 300g fresh Udon noodles
- 2 tbsp Shaosing Cooking Wine
- 3 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp Flying goose sriracha hot chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat up Sesame oil in wok pan on high heat.
- Fry up the three favourites; spring onions, ginger and garlic then add in the breast fillets and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Boil some water and place fresh udon noodles into a bowl. Pour in boiling water and leave for a minute or at least until noodles are soft and starting to separate.
- Add in all your vegetables and sauces for flavour then mix together. Now place the udon noodles in, lower the heat and add half a cup of warm water.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, making sure chicken is cooked all the way through (white all the way through).
- Serve whilst hot!
I always have my food with a huge cup of green tea, ahhh! Try this recipe, I'm sure you'll love this gorgeous dish!