Here one way to feed the family in a flash, this stir fried honey beef steak is definitely a crowd-pleaser. Beef is rich in Vitamins and Minerals, not to mention that is also contains some of the good fats. This quick fry up is best served with rice or pasta, but hey don't let me stop you from teaming it up with anything that tickles your fancy. Who knew adding a tablespoon or two of honey could make a huge difference to the flavour, my mouth is watering slightly as I'm writing this. Considering we had this as part of our dinner on Valentines day, I'm strongly considering breaking out my Wok once again for an evening of fun.
Prep: 2 hours 15 mins (including marinating) Cooking: 15 mins
What you need:
1 pound Sirloin steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 green, yellow and red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- Slice steak into small chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, ginger, salt black pepper and honey until mixture is smooth. Place steak slices into the marinade and leave to stand in a refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat then turn it down to medium when hot. Place steak strips into oil and cook until well-browned (3-4 minutes).
- Add in the onions and bell peppers, stir fry until tender.