As you've probably guessed by now; I'm an avid fan of chicken but it can get boring which is why I tend to explore different ingredients and flavouring to keep everything just that little bit more interesting. I've been eating curried foods for as long as I can remember, partially because my mother has always loved Indian food to the point where she learnt how to make some of their dishes at home. That's how this recipe came about, keeping things simple. This is one of the easiest things you'll ever make, I can promise you that. These curried chicken drumsticks are yummy; they are juicy and flavour-packed which can only make it a winner in my book. Here is how you can master these aromatic, extremely tasty grilled curry chicken drumsticks.
What you need:
- 5 fresh chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Curry Powder (1 and half tablespoons)
- Garlic salt (1 tablespoon)
- Crushed ginger (half a teaspoon)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn paprika
- In a medium sized bowl, pour in 3 tablespoons of oil, 2 tablespoons of curry powder, a teaspoon of garlic salt, the finely chopped garlic clove, crushed ginger, onion powder and paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Pour curry mixture all over chicken and turn until well coated.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 1 hour and leave to marinate.
- Remove chicken from marinade, throw away any excess marinade then grill for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Simple isn't it?
These are great for the whole family. Enjoy!