When I'm in a hurry and in need of a quick, tasty meal; Vermicelli noodles are such a great option. It's been freezing the past couple of days and so I'm bringing back the soups, stews and hotpots. I'm an avid fan of Asian food, the creativity and range of dishes offered is absolutely mind-boggling. Simple food that almost always tastes fantastic, now that is something to be excited about. My personal favorites range from the simple Cantonese Yang Chow Fried Rice to the Hunan Steam Chili Fish Head; not forgetting Steamed Dumplings. Right, I got a little bit carried away there; now let's talk Fish Noodle Soup. This delicious and nutritious comfort dish is sure to keep you going until Spring.
What you need:
- Place vermicelli in a bowl and cover with hot water. Stand for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Bring stock to boil on low heat and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whilst that's warming up, fry Sprat fish in a tbsp of olive oil until golden brown (if you like them crispy). Set aside.
- Add carrots, chopped red onions, garlic, peas, half cooked potatoes, beansprouts, red chilli and lime juice to stock; then shaosing cooking wine, soy sauce and fish sauce; then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now pour soup over cooked Noodles in serving bowls.
- Serve immediately!
It's easy, quick and a great comfort food.