Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 12
TOP TIP: Add in some walnuts for Protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids.
What you need:
200g muesli (Dorset Cereals Berries & Cherries)
50g Rice Krispies
100g porridge oats
100g Rachel’s unsalted butter (you can use low fat olive oil here)
100g golden syrup (you can use honey here)
300g Rachel’s Fat Free Rhubarb yogurt
2 tbsp plain flour
sifted 1 egg beaten
200g Icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven 178°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Prepare and grease a square cake tin 20 x 30cm (8” x 12”).
2. Weigh in to a large bowl the muesli, rice krispies and oats.
3. Combine 200g of the yogurt with the flour and egg in a small bowl, whisk well so there are no lumps.
4. Melt the butter with the syrup in a small pan, stir. Add the melted butter and syrup to the cereals, mix well. 5. Pour half the cereal mixture into the tin about 2cm thick and press down well. Pour over the yogurt and egg and spread over evenly. Finish by topping it with the rest of the cereal mixture. Press down once more. 6. Bake until lightly golden around the edges but still slightly soft.
7. Allow to cool in the tin then remove and cut into bars.
8. To decorate take the remaining 100g yogurt and mix with the icing sugar until a smooth paste is formed.
9. Drizzle the icing over the bars and leave to set.
Don't knock them until you try them.