Pork chops are a great source of Protein and so today I'm sharing a quick honey glazed pork chop recipe. I was raised in a very cooking oriented household and so I'm accustomed to hot lunches. These honey glazed pan fried pork chops are a new favourite because they are so tender and flavourful. When you're looking to make a quick lunch, rice noodles are a great side dish as they take just 3 minutes to prepare. Perfectly cooked pork tends to be slightly pink inside but I like mine crunchy and pretty well done which is why I leave it frying a few minutes longer. This is an extremely enjoyable and comforting meal to tuck into.Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 2 thick pork chop slices
- Quarter teaspoon garlic powder
- Half a teaspoon sea salt
- Half teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- Rice noodles
- Chopped red onions
- Mixed vegetables.
- Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a griddle pan.
- Place pork chop slices onto a chopping board.
- Mix honey and oil together then drizzle olive oil all over them. Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and herbs over the pork chops until both sides are completely covered.
- Fry seasoned pork chops until golden brown. I've always liked my meat well done so I tend to leave it on longer than necessary.
- In a saucepan, pour boiling water over noodles, add salt then boil for 2 minutes. These don't take long at all.
- In hot olive oil, fry red onions with salt and black pepper until light brown in colour, almost crispy.
- Serve with rice noodles, fried red onions and vegetables.
Now that's lunch made easy.