Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 50 mins
Serves: 6 people
Recipe adapted from Taste
What you need:
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry (mine is homemade pastry)
- 600g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Red, yellow and green peppers, chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C.
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm (base) round or ceramic pie dish or any circular baking tin.
- Line base with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, peas, peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add salt and herbs.
- Add mince. Cook until browned, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince. Add a quarter cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporate.
- Spoon into pastry case. Top with remaining pastry. Press edges to seal. Trim excess.
- Brush top with egg. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.