Forget creamy pasta bakes, lets lay those to rest for the next couple of minutes. It's a salmon fest and I can promise you that its a flavour packed one. This makes a great Christmas dish because its delicious, nutritious and of course, there's only one baking tray to wash up. Hooray! We all know washing up is one of the worst things that come with cooking. This is an impeccable mix of vegetables and gorgeous flavoured salmon in one, a dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family this Christmas.
Recipe from Delicious magazine. I did alter a few things to suit my preferences, you can too.
What you need:
- 6 salmon fillets
- 2 onions, roughly cut
- Half a leak, roughly chopped
- Red and green jalapeno peppers
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- Spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place onions, leak, peppers, courgette and garlic. Pour 3 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste then toss to coat and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lay salmon fillets on top of vegetables. Drizzle with a little more oil, season if required and squeeze a little lemon juice.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and vegetables, tender. Serve.