Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 2 carrots, sliced
- A pack of baby corn
- Handful of Beansprouts
- Fresh bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red, yellow and green peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- Small handful chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaohsing cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Ground pepper
- A sprinkle of salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a wok pan with water a quarter full on medium heat. The vegetables have to be steamed first.
- When water is boiling, place bamboo steamer over wok pan without touching the water. Add broccoli, carrots and baby corn; steam for up to 6 minutes. Set aide when ready.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan then fry up spring onions, garlic, peppers, beansprouts, thyme and parsley. Fry for about 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add in the steamed vegetables, light soy sauce, shaosing cooking wine, ground pepper and salt mix together.
- In a clean pan, fry chopped chicken breast until cooked and no longer pink then mix in with the prepared vegetables.
- Pour fry up into dish, adding halved cherry tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parsley and serve.
A delicious and nutritious meal perfect for the whole family.
I hope this has inspired you to start cooking with fresh herbs; better yet, why not grow your own at home.