Lunch is definitely a meal I never miss, in fact I have made it a rule to make sure that at least three meals are consumed a day. This is mainly because lunch re-energises your body and keeps your metabolism active. A healthy lunch should be able to provide you with a balance among these five food groups; grains, vegetables, dairy, fruits and lean proteins. For lunch today, I shallow fried a plaice fillet and served with mixed leaf salad, who said being healthy has to be a chore!What you need:
- Plaice Fillet (bought from Morissons)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Chilli powder
- Black powder
- Mixed Salad leaves
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a medium sized pan.
- When hot, place plaice in pan and fry for 5 to 10 minutes. Add salt, chilli powder and black pepper. Carefully turn until golden brown.
- Pour peas and carrots in hot water and boil for 10 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Leave to cool.
- Place mixed leaves on plate, add peas and carrots on top finishing off with the fried Plaice.
- Squeeze some lemon juice onto food for taste.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!