Are you in search of a flavourful side dish that takes just a few minutes to prepare or maybe you're just not sure what to do with all that plain rice you have left in the fridge? Here's an idea, rustle up some curried fried rice. Rice is a great staple food, you could eat everyday if you wanted to and nobody would complain, at least I know I wouldn't. It's versatility allows you to create various dishes in a matter of minutes, alas those days spent meal planning are nothing but a distant memory. This recipe is so simple and this dish smells really good too. That's one way to boost your appetite.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 30 mins
What you need:
- 1 tbsp oil
- Quarter finely diced onion
- 1/3 carrot, fine dice
- Quarter clove of garlic finely diced
- Half cup peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Half cup sweetcorn
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tbsp Shaosing cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a wok pan. When hot, add onions, garlic and carrots. Stir fry until the carrots have softened a little.
- Add rice to wok pan then stir-fry the rice until no clumps are left. Don't forget to add in the sweetcorn.
- Sprinkle on curry powder, salt, pepper, shaosing cooking wine and soy sauce.
- Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, the rice will become shiny and curry, fragrant.
- Serve whilst hot.
This is definitely one to try.