- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 small red chilli, desseded and chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 finely grated ginger
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Black pepper powder
- Finely chopped bunch of spring greens
- Heat up oils in a saucepan on high heat, then fry the garlic and spring onions. You'll notice the gairlic will turn golden brown.
- Add, chilli, rice and ginger to your pan then stir fry for about a minute.
- Add 5 cups of stock and soy sauce then bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid, lower the heat and cook for 30-40 minutes. The rice will be soft and the soup would have thickened. Add spring greens and let them cook until tender.
- Spoon soup into serving bowl, sprinkle spring onions and serve!
I'm going to start stuffing my face with the beautiful smelling soup, whlist I finish of reading 'EatingWell' magazine. Enjoy your weekend!