No, this isn't Burger and Lobster; just my very own kitchen and a meal that took me less than an hour and a half to prepare. The funny thing is my boyfriend and I actually have a dinner booking this weekend at Burger and Lobster; might as well do a restaurant/food review after our visit whilst I'm at it. Anyway, I've always thought that Lobster was overrated and overpriced; now I say it's not when you make it yourself at home. He rocked up to my house yesterday with this badboy and it was pre-cooked/frozen so after a long day defrosting, I cooked up a meal for us. The main attraction being his most favourite thing in the world.. Lobster! Here's a quick recipe on how to prepare and cook your pre-cooked Lobster.
TOP TIP: It's very easy to overcook lobster so be careful how long you steam it for.
What you need:
- Pre-cooked Frozen Lobster
- A steamer
- Defrost Lobster overnight before recooking it.
- In a large pot, bring 1 inch of water to boil and stir in the salt. Bring water to boil over high heat.
- Place your steamer into the pot (I have a bamboo steamer).
- Add lobster into steamer and cover with a tight lid. Reduce heat and cook on gentle heat until lobster has turned bright red.
- That should take approximately 15 minutes. You can check if lobster is done by pulling out an antenna. If it comes out easily, your lobster is ready.
- Remove lobster from steamer and leave to cool.
- Now use your hands to twist and separate the tail from the body then remove claws too.
- You can see where I'm going with this. Enjoy!