Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 300g self-raising flour
- 250g light soft brown sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 250g softened butter
- 200ml strong instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare two baking tins.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and beat together using an electric mixer until creamy and pale.
- Add in the flour and eggs then beat again. Pour in half the coffee and mix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tins and bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave cakes to cool. Sprinkle a few tables spoons of the remaining coffee over the sponge cakes.
- Make you buttercream whilst the cakes cool completely and decorate with crushed hazelnuts.
Enjoy the rest of your week!