What you need:
- 60g plain flour
- 125ml water
- 50ml butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 250ml double cream
- 2 tspn caster sugar
- On medium heat, pour water and add the butter into a saucepan. When butter melts, raise the heat a bit more and bring to boil.
- Add in the flour and mix until dough doesn't stick to pan sides.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Beat eggs into choux pastry using an electric mixer, one at a time.
- Now mixture should have reached a dropping consistency.
- Spoon paste into piping bag with a plain nozzle. Pipe finger lengths on prepared baking tray.
- Bake eclairs for about 12 minutes. They should rise and turn golden brown.
- Remove from even and pierce each éclair to allow steam to escape.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat cream, vanilla extract and sugar the place into piping bag. Fill eclairs then decorate with melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Details on how to make that beautiful Chocolate Fudge Cake will be on the blog soon!