What you need:
- 140g butter, softened, extra for the tin
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140g sugar
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 2 very ripe mashed bananas
- Pinch of Icing sugar, for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a loaf tin and line the base and sides.
- Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs and a little flour at a time. Fold in the remaining flour, add baking powder and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Icing sugar on top for decoration. Enjoy!
This is definitely a favourite of mine!