There is nothing quite like warm, freshly baked bread! My grandmother and of course my mother used to make their own bread from scratch. Being exposed to baking at such an early age made me want to do exactly the same. I remember watching them bake and thinking to myself, 'this is the coolest thing ever.' I still do. It is definitely bread making season and I'm not about to give it a miss. Yesterday I made my very first attempt at making Wheat Bread for breakfast; it turned out great! I was quite pleased with the texture, colour and not forgetting taste. Here is how you can make yours..Prep Time: 97 minutes Cook Time: 22 minutes
What you need:
- 2 cups Wholemeal Bread Flour
- Half tablespoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Yeast
- 350ml luke warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- Combine flour, warm water, honey and yeast in a mixing bowl and stir until you get a sticky rough dough.
- Knead into soft dough with your hands.
- Cover the kneaded dough in a greased wide bowl (non stick spray). Lightly brush water all over it. Cover dough and leave to rise for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes; punch and lightly knead the dough again.
- Place dough in greased loaf pan and leave to rise for 40 minutes.
- After second rise, make a 2-4 mm crosses or slits on the bread and lightly brush with milk or egg. I also sprinkled flour on mine.
- Bake the whole wheat bread in a preheated oven (220 degrees) for 22 minutes.
- Place Bread on wire rack to cool then serve when required.
When baking bread you just need to remember this: DMR
Dump, Mix, Rise! It's that easy:)