There is nothing quite like a delicious, satisfying homemade meal! Actually, I've cooked everyday since the age of 9 so homemade meals have always been the norm. Chicken is one of those things I eat quite a lot which is why this dish is a favourite of mine; 100% comfort food. I mixed together different vegetables; sweet potatoes included, so as to achieve that gorgeous burst of flavour! If you haven't as of yet attempted to make this delightful dish, I suggest you get cooking.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
What you need:
- 4 Chicken Legs
- A mix of different vegetables (2 sweet potatoes, 1 big onion chopped, 1 big carrot, 8 baby potatoes)
- Yellow, red and green peppers chopped
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Jack Daniels sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Mix together crushed garlic, half a cup of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and 3 tablespoons of Jack Daniels sauce then place chicken legs into bowl. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Wash and prep all vegetables! Cut sweet potatoes, carrot and potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- It doesn't matter what order to place these in; make a bed for the chicken pieces by arranging the vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish. I placed my sweet potatoes right at the bottom followed by yellow peppers, potatoes, onions, carrots, green peppers (video available on my Instagram)
- Place chicken on top of the bed of vegetables. Pour the marinating sauce (number 2) over the chicken and sprinkle generously with Parsley,, Salt and Pepper.
- Bake for an hour 10 minutes until chicken is done. When done, leave to cool.
- Serve with rice if preferred. I did!
If you do try this recipe, I'd love to hear from you!