I'd say Brownies are definitely the easiest to bake, so if you're just starting out in the baking world; why not give these a try..
Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 400g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 225g butter, melted
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- In a big mixing bowl, pour in the caster sugar, melted butter, and cocoa powder. Mix well for about a minute or so.
- Now add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 eggs, 225g of plain flour. half a teaspoon baking powder and a teaspoon of salt.
- Thoroughly mix together until SMOOTH! I tend to use an electric whisk here and mix for two minutes.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 20 - 25 minutes in a rectangular greased baking tin. I usually grease with butter.
- To check if they are ready, dip a knife into the dough. If ready, the knife should come out almost clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes! Cut into desired slices.
It's really that easy!
If you do give these a go, I'd love to know how you get on so feel free to drop me an email.