Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive; my rule is to only buy what you need! Because I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, I tend to buy these a little at a time so as to ensure they are fresh.
- Baby Potatoes
- Green, red and Yellow Peppers
- Spring Onions
- Chopped Carrots
- Green Beans
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breast
- First of all make sure you get the rice ready. I have a rice cooker which makes life so much easier. Just pop the rice into the cooker's pot. Pour in the correct amount of boiling water, a pinch of salt and a drop of oil. Now, let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, pop your baby potatoes into a separate pot and add boiling water. Let them boil for 30 minutes.
- Personally I like to marinate chicken breast myself; usually spicy. I leave it for about 10 minutes so it absorbs the flavours. Place the chicken breast in a baking tray and pop in the grill at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Easy!
- Heat up (make sure the heat is not too much, medium is fine) a tablespoon of Olive Oil in a pan. Once hot, pour in your chopped onions and peppers.
- Mix for about a minute, making sure they don't burn. Now stir in the rest of your chopped vegetables, add some salt and mix together.
- These vegetables cook very quickly so try not to overcook them (you'll know by change in colour).
- Once they are done, pop them to the side and wait for the baby potatoes to cook.
- Now add the baby potatoes to the vegetable mix, lower the heat and let mixture simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Don't forget to check your rice! If it is ready, you're all set to serve.
It's that easy.
Right, I'm going to eat this now. Bon appetite!