I've heard quite a lot of people mention that eating healthy is expensive! Are you kidding me, have you tried? If you know the right places to shop for your ingredients and more than willing to spend a little bit of time doing your research; I can promise you that eating healthy is not expensive.
I'm a huge fan of stir fry and tend to cook some at least 3 times a weeks. Why? Because they are quick and easy to make, super tasty and of course; healthy.
Here's what you need (ingredients purchased from Tesco unless stated otherwise):
- Egg Noodles (£1.39 for 300g)
- One large carrot (£0.60 for 1kg)
- Handful of Kale (£1.00 for 60g)
- Spring onions (£0.49 for 100g)
- Beansprouts (£0.60 for 370g)
- Country life Butter (£2.00 for 500g from Waitrose)
- 2 eggs (£1.20 for 15 eggs)
- Place eggs into pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Put egg noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak until the noodles are tender.
- Heat up a block of low fat butter in a pan until it melts then add chopped kale, carrots and beansprouts and fry for 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan with a bit of soy sauce.
- Stir in and fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve while hot:)
Compliments from the chef:)
Hope you've all had a great weekend!